Sunday, May 27, 2007

Geoff Strikes Again

This is kind of a paraphrase from Sunday school today. We were talking about prayer and how sometimes we just have to be persistent in what we ask for - the Lord wants to see how much we care about what we're asking for, etc.

Geoff: You know, sometimes I say to myself, 'I'd like to eat now,' but I don't feel like putting in the effort to prepare anything. Sometimes I eat hot dogs, not because I actually want hot dogs, but that's what I end up with. I eat a lot of hot dogs. So that's kind of like our prayers. We can't be satisfied with spiritual hot dogs.

How true that is. I think that may be destined to go down in history next to the parable of the pickle. Maybe it's a hot dog with relish.

1 comment:

Miri said...

there are so many fantastic things about this post: First of all, the title, which i didn't actually notice until i'd finished reading, and which is incredible; the amazingness of geoff's analogy itself; and finally, the amazingness of the picture. megan dear, where did you FIND it??